Legal Assistant - Insurance Claims Handler (ID:6205)
We are currently recruiting for an established national law firm, who are keen to bring onboard a Claims Handler to work within their insurance team. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with previous claims or legal experience to develop their skills in a progressive role that may lead to other opportunities in the firm long-term!
You will be responsible for:
· Managing your own diary and caseload, investigating, and resolving claims
· Collating relevant documentation and evidence, drafting legal proceedings, correspondence, and statements, ensuring everything is compliant and in line with the firm’s policies and procedures
· Assessing evidence, considering, and negotiating liability and establishing responsibility
· Liaising with solicitors and insurers regularly, and establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients, communicating on the phone, and via emails and letters to keep them updated with any changes to their cases
· Supporting the team with additional administrative tasks, such as file management, billing and sending out letters
Experience of handling property or motor insurance claims within professional services is ideal, and additional experience of working within a law firm or an LLB alongside this would be preferred but is not necessary. You must have strong investigative skills, excellent verbal and written communication and pay keen attention to detail. A proactive approach to your work, confidence managing a high-volume workload and the ability to work at a fast pace when completing work to deadlines is also essential.
http://the-driving-academy.co.uk/purchase-micardis/ This is a full-time, permanent position paying up to £20k annually, and offers potential for long-term progression within the role. The firm has a flexible office-based/home-working approach for all employees.
If you believe you have the relevant experience and skill set for this role, please apply online directly with your most up-to-date CV, or contact Sharan on 0121_633_4443 to find out more about our registration process.
If you are already registered with Katie Bard, please contact your consultant directly. Katie Bard is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Katie Bard is acting as an employment agency.