Payroll Assistant 3 to 6 months
My client is a global firm based in Birmingham looking to recruit, for an immediate start, a Payroll Assistant. This role will initially be for a 3 to 6 month period paying £30k pro rata.
This role requires a candidates who has the ability to manually calculate Payroll statutory deductions, (including. Tax, NI, SL, maternity and adoption)
Reporting into the payroll manager, the role will primarily be responsible for processing the day to day administration of payroll and benefits within the global HR Operations department. This role will include the administration of the monthly payroll processes via SAP payroll system, administration of company benefits Applicants must have a strong technical understanding of current statutory legislation that directly relates to the Payroll function, including Tax, NI, and other statutory payments.
- You will manage the Service Delivery of the Payroll
- Take responsibility for reporting to third parties i.e. HMRC, Pensions and Benefit providers
- The accurate and timely input of Payroll data, this includes processing joiners, leavers, contractual changes and benefits changes, via checking of team input
- You will take ownership of queries from customers (internal and external)relating to Payroll, responding with professionalism and within agreed SLA’s
- Document Payroll processes to promote consistency and autonomy
Applicants must have strong previous payroll experience. You will:
- Have exposure to EC and ECP software
- Have the ability to manually calculate Payroll statutory deductions, (including. Tax, NI, SL, maternity and adoption)
- Have payroll experience within a larger firm
- Have excellent knowledge of Excel to allow for the manipulation payroll data using Excel formulas
Katie Bard is acting as an agency and is an equal opportunities employer
Katie Bard will be managing your application in accordance with the GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018. Please refer to the privacy notice on our website which will explain how we as an organisation will manage your data. If your application is successful we will contact you and manage your personal data in accordance with the guidelines of GDPR. If your application has been unsuccessful we will delete your application within 6 weeks and all record of your data.