Legal Assistant (Residential Property/Plot Sales) (ID:5273)
A highly successful and progressive Law firm has an exciting opportunity for a Legal Assistant to join their Residential Development team.
The focus of the role will be to provide high-level organisational and dedicated administrative support to clients.
This varied and busy role will support a dynamic and fast-paced team. You will be:
- opening new files via a case management system and preparing conveyancing paperwork
- scanning in all incoming post to the case management file
- producing standard completion letters where applicable
- receiving the file from the executives within the department before completion to set the matter up to complete
- preparing draft bills in readiness for completion
- dealing with the registration of the properties at the Land Registry, either electronically or manually, through the DX system of all applications for registration including dealing with any requisitions arising
- taking queries from clients following completion
- dealing with any necessary notices that need to be given to any third parties such as landlords
- keeping a strict diary note of deadlines and timescales whilst in control of the file
- checking the registrations on their return from HM Land Registry
- sending copies of the deeds to the clients on completion
- dealing with any client balances on the file to go to the clients
- checking files and finalising the file for closure
- assisting with admin support, when required
- managing overflow/general enquiries from clients and agents
- dealing with client requests for stored deeds
Applicants MUST have previous Legal Experience within Real Estate/Plot sales/Residential conveyancing.
Katie Bard is acting as an agency and is an equal opportunities employer
Katie Bard will be managing your application in accordance with the GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018. Please refer to the privacy notice on our website which will explain how we as an organisation will manage your data. If your application is successful we will contact you and manage your personal data in accordance with the guidelines of GDPR. If your application has been unsuccessful we will delete your application within 6 weeks and all record of your data.