Agency Worker Regulations
Agency Worker Regulations (AWR) 2010, is the introduction of new rights for agency workers and came into force on 1st October, 2011. This is the most significant piece of legislation to affect the hiring of temporary staff for several years.
The purpose of the new legislation is to give agency workers the right to the same basic employment and working conditions as a staff member recruited directly by a company in the same position, if and when they complete a 12 week qualifying period in a temporary assignment.
At Katie Bard, our approach has always been to provide the highest quality service to our clients and candidates. Since the introduction of the new AWR, we have been at the forefront of this change process and our team of consultants are ready to help you with any compliance queries you may have, leaving you to get on with running your own business.
We offer face-to-face consultancy meetings to discuss your individual company needs. These include:
- How AWR will affect your company and in particular any of our temporary candidates working for you
- Sharing with you how we have updated our systems and processes to monitor all our temporary candidates to meet the requirements of the new regulations
- Extending your review to assist should you have any other temporary staff within your company
- Updating you on how we are briefing our current and future candidates
- Agreeing individual plans with you and leaving with you simple yet comprehensive guidelines to AWR, created especially for Angela Mortimer by APSCo