Business Support Manager - Nottingham & Manchester (ID:2523)
This interesting leadership roles offers an excellent step for a secretarial
or business support manager who is looking to grow their responsibility and
broaden their knowledge base. With a strong focus on business reporting and analysis of work flow there is a fantastic opportunity to work strategically with your team to create a high functioning, close knit and successful team.
There are two opportunities to the join this national firm - in their east midlands (Nottingham) and north west (Manchester) offices.
Heading your team, you will work with the Head of Support as well as Directors and Partners to design and deliver the appropriate level of support required by the practice area in order to offer the most efficient and best quality service to their clients. In order to do this you will need to understand the role of secretarial and PA support in a professional services or corporate environment. You will have worked in a leadership role within this setting and be confident to manage a small team. You will be able to look strategically at the way in which workflow is managed within the team and be able to work with them to deliver a high quality, responsive service. This will include the day to day line management of c. 30 support staff and be able to bring leadership techniques such as SWAT analysis into the day to day management.
· Day to day line management
· Interviewing and induction of new team members
· Coach and develop your team members
· Offer pastoral care and support to the team
· Work with HR on any more complex matters
· Be a proactive part of the support services managerial team
· Resource management within the team to ensure fair and effective distribution of workload
· Monitor and respond to SLAs/ KPIs as required by internal and external clients
· Manager headcount including recruitment and budgets
· Suggest improvements to the provision of service on analysis of the delivery reports
The ideal candidate would have a strong leadership background and may be looking to take a step into a full-time leadership role from a split PA/ PA Team Leader style positions. You will be forward thinking and innovative, open to working in an agile and dynamic way whilst leading your team in a cohesive and positive manner. A champion of new initiatives and ideas and a positive “cheer leader” for the high quality services your team provide.
For more information please apply to Verity Stokes. If you have any questions or would like to talk through the opportunity in more detail to see if it might be the perfect next step please call Verity on 0121 6334443.